Andhra Pradesh to boost Agri-Marketing with Rs 4,000 Crore

Amaravati, July 23: Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister YS Jagan Mohan Reddy has instructed the officials to set up cold storage units in each mandal, godowns, warehouses equippied with grading and sorting machinery in each RBK and also laid proposals to strengthen the agricultural marketing sector with Rs 4,000 Crore.

During a review meeting with Agricultural Minister Kannababu and Marketing officials here on Thursday, the Chief Minister directed Marketing officials to set up cold storages at Mandal level for the convenience of the farmers to sell their crop. He asked the officials to work on strengthening all the Rythu Bharosa Kendras (RBK) as warehouses, equipped with grading and sorting machinery, with a budget of Rs 350 Crore. Also, other necessary instrumentation like weighing balance, calipers, and lab wears are to be procured with Rs 92.2 Crore.

In addition to this, the Chief Minister told officials to develop a software and bring it by September, where the details of the crops being cultivated by the farmers will be informed to RBKs, which will be directed to the central server. Soon after receiving the information, marketing officials shall intervene and take up the crop purchase ensuring minimum support price was paid to their crops.

The Chief Minister further directed the officials to work on strengthening cold storage chain and processing networks in the agriculture sector and ensure that farmers do not run into losses. He instructed the officials concerned to prepare a detailed project report for establishing warehouses, cold storage, and upgrading RBKs.

Discussing the sale of crops, the Chief Minister told the officials to ensure that 30 percent of the sales take place through local markets and Janatha Bazaars and asked the marketing department to intervene with the remaining 70 percent of sales. He also directed the officials to prepare a clear database with the details regarding the demand, supply, and production of crops across the country and assist farmers to get minimum support price for his crops.

Spread the love
Ad Widget

Recommended For You

About the Author: Raghu

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *