Café Coffee Day introduces tech-enabled experience to bring a contactless experience to customers
The café will re-open 60% of its cafés in the first phase; has launched CCDonline.in for contactless orders
Hyderabad, 15thJune 2020: Café Coffee Day (CCD),India’s most loved café chain has reopened 60% of its cafes across the countryin accordance with government guidelines. CCD is taking end-to-end measures keeping in mind the safety, hygiene and social distancing forits customers, employees and delivery partners. Aligned to its goal of keeping it safe and hygienic, CCD has also introduced a tech-enabled contactless experience to engage with customers. For the first time, the café chain has launched new web-based platform, CCDOnline.in for all orders and delivery.
The newly launched CCDOnline.in is a comprehensiveordering platform thatuses big data intelligence to understand the need of the customer and optimise a personalised experience for them. Using this platform, customers can place orders for dine-in and take away, for now. In the near future, they would be able to place home delivery orders as well. The entire menu is available online.Special offers have also been included on the platform. Customers can scan a QR code to or enter a unique table code to order toaccess this menu and place their orders.
Speaking about using the latest technology in operations, Vinay A. Bhopatkar, CEO, Café Coffee Day said, “We understand that the post COVID era has changed how companies operated. The new normal in functioning will have to be backed by technology that is safe and contactless for customers. We understood this at a very nascent stage and thus, we created a platform that can be intelligent, advanced, personalised, and most importantly, be safe. At CCD, we believe that people should continue to have a great time at our cafes and that’s where, CCDOnline.inwill play a vital role in making this entire journey fun and convenient for our customers.”
Talking about the re-opening strategy, he further added, “We are restarting our store operations in the phased manner with highest standard of hygiene, safety and social distancing measures. We are strictly following the policies as per government guidelines to reassure our customers. In addition, we have also trained our staff members and partners to follow safety instructions such as regular use of sanitizers, gloves and masks by the staff at the cafes and even at the backend. We are optimistic that with new standards in place backed by contactless and technologically advanced ordering method, we will see more people retuning to CCD to enjoy their favourite cup of coffee.”
Moreover, the café chain has also started subscription based offers for their two most popular categories – Cappuccinos and Frappes. The subscribers will get access to personalised offers and can also leverage on personalised menu, in the coming days.
As part of their initiative to promote contactless experience ensuring safety and hygiene, CCD also has it’s a mobile app and is urgingcustomers to opt for ‘Contactless orders and payments’ at the café through the app.
For Employees and delivery partners –
– All employees are washing their hands every 30 minutes and are fully gloved, to ensure the safety of the food
– The chain is checking temperatures of all employees every day and sending their employees on leave in case they have any symptoms of being unwell
– CCD will be providing sanitizers at every cafe and every delivery partners will be asked to sanitize every time they enter the café
For customers –
– Encouraging people to opt for ‘Contactless orders and payments’ at the café through CCD mobile app and CCDOnline.in. Also, helping them to select the Contactless home delivery option while ordering through their online partners.
– CCD will be providing sanitizers at the billing counter and every customer will be asked to sanitize every time they enter the café.
– Further, the chain will be sanitizing all the exposed surface in their seating area every hour, kitchen and washrooms at the stores