I asked one of my Sir… who has crossed 50 & is heading to 60. What sort of change he is feeling in him?
He sent me the following very interesting lines, which i would like to share with you all…..
1) After loving my parents, my siblings, my spouse, my children, my friends, now I have started loving myself.
2) I just realised that I am not “Atlas”. The world does not rest on my shoulders.
3) I now stopped bargaining with vegetables & fruits vendors. After all, a few Rupees more is not going to burn a hole in my pocket but it might help the poor fellow save for his daughter’s school fees.
4) I pay the taxi driver without waiting for the change. The extra money might bring a smile on his face. After all he is toiling much harder for a living than me
5) I stopped telling the elderly that they’ve already narrated that story many times. After all, the story makes them walk down the memory lane & relive the past.
6) I have learnt not to correct people even when I know they are wrong. After all, the onus of making everyone perfect is not on me. Peace is more precious than perfection.
7) I give compliments freely & generously. After all it’s a mood enhancer not only for the recipient, but also for me
8) I have learnt not to bother about a crease or a spot on my clothes. After all, personality speaks louder than appearances.
9) I walk away from people who don’t value me. After all, they might not know my worth, but I do.
10) I remain cool when someone plays dirty politics to outrun me in the rat race. After all, I am not a rat & neither am I in any race.
11) I am learning not to be embarrassed by my emotions. After all, it’s my emotions that make me human.
12) I have learnt that its better to drop the ego than to break a relationship. After all, my ego will keep me aloof whereas with relationships I will never be alone.
13) I have learnt to live each day as if it’s the last. After all, it might be the last.
14) I am doing what makes me happy. After all, I am responsible for my happiness, and I owe it to me.
I decided to send this to many, because why do we have to wait for so long, why can’t we practice this at any stage and age in life.