As part of the partial restoration of train services for the convenience of passengers, Indian Railways introduced 200 special trains across the nation from 1st June, 2020. As part of the same, Nine Special Trains commenced the journey over South Central Railway. Around 13,000 passengers availed travel facilities in the nine special train services run today from SCR Jurisdiction.
The nine special trains which began its journey to various destination are:
1. Train No. 02723 Hyderabad – New Delhi Telangana special Express.
2. Train No. 02791 Secunderabad – Danapur special Express.
3. Train No. 07202 Secunderabad-Guntur Golconda special Express.
4. Train No. 02704 Secunderabad – Howrah Falaknuma special Express.
5. Train No. 02728 Hyderabad – Vishakhapatnam Godavari special Express.
6. Train No. 02793 Tirupati – Nizamabad Rayalaseema special Express.
7. Train No. 02715 H.S. Nanded – Amritsar Sachkhand special Express.
8. Train No. 02702 Hyderabad – Mumbai CST special Express.
9. Train No. 07201 Guntur-Secunderabad Golconda special Express.
Shri Gajanan Mallya, General Manager, South Central Railway personally monitored the arrangements made over the Zone for maintaining best possible arrangements to the passengers. He advised Officials to be alert and continuously supervise the smooth running of train operations to ensure safe travel for the passengers boarding and alighting the special trains.
Elaborate arrangements have been made to handle the passengers carefully at Hyderabad, Secunderabad, Guntur, Tirupati, Vijayawada and H.S. Nanded Stations so as to ensure coordinated movement of the passengers to maintain social distance and other health precautions in the wake of prevailing COVID-19 situation.
• Railway stations have been cleaned and disinfected for the safe travel of the passengers.
• Separate entry and exit gates were nominated to handle the incoming and outgoing passengers at the Railway Stations.
• Thorough checking arrangements were made to ensure that only confirmed passengers are allowed to enter the stations.
• Thermal screening of all the passengers was carried out and only asymptomatic passengers were allowed into the Stations.
• Sanitizers were made available for the benefit of the passengers coming in to the Stations.
• Proper markings were done on the Platform areas for guiding the passengers to practice social distancing at the Stations.
• Thorough checking was done to ensure that all passengers are wearing face masks/face cover.
• Thermal screening was done for all the Passengers alighting from the Special Trains arriving at all the Stations.
Contactless Thermal Screening and Ticket Checking Introduced at Vijayawada and Guntur Stations to avoid Physical Contact:
The following facilities were provided for the screening of passengers at Vijayawada and Guntur Railway Station:
1) Contactless Hand Sanitizers & Automatic Mist Sanitizer dispensers
2) Automatic Thermal scanners plus camera to monitor the temperature and Ticket particulars of the passengers by ticket checking staff sitting inside the cubicle. Temperature of the passengers recorded while entering can be monitored through big screens placed in the cubicle.
3) Passenger also can see the same in another screen kept facing towards them.
4) Entire activity will be recorded through CCTV network
5) Foot marks for maintaining social distancing