The Seth Viccajee Meherji & Seth Pestonji Meherji Dar-e-Meher located at 128, Mahatma Gandhi Road, Secunderabad is the oldest Fire Temple in the twin cities. The two brothers, Seth Pestonjee Meherji and Seth Viccajee Meherji built this splendid Dar-e-Meher on 3rd September 1839. It was consecrated on 12th September 1847, Roj Behram, Mah Aspandad, 1216 Yazde Zardi. Marble plaques placed inside contain Persian couplets by Khan Bahadur Dastur Nosherwanji Jamshedji Jamaspasa and Rai Girdhari Prasad, which tell us the day and date of this Fire Temple. On the day of consecration, at Camp Secunderabad in the Hyderabad State, Hon’ble Dastur Nusserwanji Jamaspji led the jashan (prayer) ceremony. The bungalow of Col. Haffkine, adjacent to the Fire Temple, and the land around it were purchased by the Meherji brothers and given in charity for the maintenance of the Dar-e-Meher.