If the common man belonging to the servile classes in India is today so fallen, so degraded, so devoid of hope or ambition, it is entirely due to the Brahmins and their Philosophy.
The Cardinal Principles of this Philosophy of the Brahmins are six:
(1) Graded Inequality between the Different Classes;
(2) Complete Disarmament of the Shudras and the Untouchables;
(3) Complete Prohibition of the Education of the Shudras and the Untouchables;
(4) Ban on the Shudras and the Untouchables Occupying places of Power and Authority;
(5) Ban on the Shudras and the Untouchables Acquiring Property,
(6) Complete Subjugation and Suppression of Women.
Inequality is the official doctrine of Brahmanism and the suppression of the lower classes aspiring to equality has been looked upon by them and carried out by them, without remorse as their bounded duty. There are countries where education did not spread beyond a few. But India is the only country where the intellectual class, namely, the Brahmins not only made education their monopoly but declared acquisition of education by the lower classes, a crime punishable by cutting off of the tongue or by the pouring of molten lead in the ear of the offender.
What Congress and Gandhi have done to the Untouchables”
Dr. B. R. Ambedkar